Need something quick & easy for a great weeknight meal at home when your craving Chinese food … this one is easy peasy. This was adapted from (http://iowagirleats.com/2012/08/23/take-out-fake-out-easy-chicken-fried-rice/ )Easy Chicken Fried Rice that’s gluten free!
- 2 cups prepared rice (I used Calrose)
- 1 lb of chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables (green peas & carrots)
- 1 – 8oz container of sliced white mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped (reserve one for topping)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs (probably could’ve used 3 for extra protein)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili oil
- 2-3 Tbsp butter
- 1 – 1-1/2 teaspoons of red curry paste (depending on your level of spice tolerance)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free Tamari
- Whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small dish then set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame & red chili oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken then stir fry until cooked through. Then add red curry paste and let simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil & butter in the pan and sauté mushrooms (salt & pepper to taste) until softened. Then add frozen mixed vegetables and green onions. Stir fry until tender, about 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Move the vegetables to the side of the pan & add the eggs and sesame oil mixture into the center and scramble.
- Add cooked chicken, rice, and gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce to wok then toss well to combine.
- To serve … top with green onions (optional).